Windows 10 app store error 0x80070422 - Windows update is enabled already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ushy86

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
Quick question, since I cannot seem to find a resolve even after following multiple steps on google. I play a random mobile game and found out that I can play via windows 10 app store as well. I got it working on my laptop, but on my main pc, when attempting to download it I receive a Turn on Windows Update window which prompts me with the 0x80070422 error code.

Thing is, my windows update is already on automatic, I have also restarted it to no avail. Everything is also up to date and I have tinkered with a lot of suggested services.msg changes and nothing seems to work. I have also, cleared store cache and signed in/out and refreshed everything.

Any other suggestions? This is driving me nuts and I cannot figure it out. Funny thing is that most of the internet's issues with this error seem to be quickly fixed by enabling win update, but if mine is already up and active, what can be the cause?

Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to resolving this nuisance!

Colif

Win 11 Master
you can try this

right click start button
choose command promptl (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

did you try the windows update troubleshooter? can find itr by searching cortana for troubleshoot, choosing the control panel option, then in the left column choose view all. It is in the list here down the bottom if sorted alphabetically

Error code: (HRESULT) 0x80070422 (2147943458) - The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

check to see if the service is disabled (make sure it is started)
if it is started and running, you might want to clear the windows update cache

ushy86

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008

so i just ran the troubleshooter, which fixed some registry issue and also did the first steps you mentioned, yet still the problem persists. This is driving me bonkers :(. Everything is updated, windows update enabled and running, yet nothing on the app store will install/update.

ushy86

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
Sorry got caught up with work, could not find time to reply and test the cache option out. Now that my weekend is here though, I attempted it, but nope, the cache thing does not work. I have not been able to resolve this on my pc for a weeks time. I have literally tried everything and it is now driving me bonkers and causing me to use my laptop :(

Status
Not open for further replies.