Missing "Audio Inputs and Outputs" drop down in Device Manager

BoomShaka0

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
I am currently missing "Audio Inputs and Outputs" drop down in Device Manager. I had uninstalled the thing inside it (I believe it to be the headphones/mic I'm using) so i could try and get my mic to work. Many sites said to uninstalled things left and right, but I only did this one. Any help would be great. If you need any additional, I can provide whatever I can.

*Edit* Originally, all I couldn't do with my mic was speak into it. I was able to still listen to music and friends, just couldn't talk to them. I then went into my device manager and uninstalled whatever was underneath the Audio Inputs and Outputs tab, presumably my headphones I use for my mic and audio. I as in the mindset of reinstalling when I get back to the Device manager, but the tab formally known as Audio Input and Output is gone. If I can some how get that back, I'm sure my problem will be fixed. I'm just not sure how to fix retrieve it back.

*Edit 2* I am able to put my headset into my laptop, which has it working just fine. I can even see the Audio Inputs and Outputs drop down in Device manager on the laptop, so I am now 99.99% sure that missing this drop down is causing all of this.

Colif

Win 11 Master
See if this helps:

right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

if that doesn't help, try this
in the same window as above (probably helps to copy/paste the second one) - hit enter after each line
powershell
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

original source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-lost-all-networking-hardware-in-my-samsung/70cdd11c-ee1e-4145-9069-96fb7ef370e8

BoomShaka0

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017

Sadly, neither worked..