New graphics card makes my disk usage to 100%?

Lewis_35

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
I installed a gigabyte ghz edition 780ti and now my disk usage under task manager is at 100%, anyone know why this is and how to fix it

Solution

It's Windows 10. It's what it does. There is a way to block it from doing this, by manually shutting off telemetry and updates in services. I had to do this myself on my Windows 10 rigs, because frankly if you let that stuff run in the background it makes your PC almost unusable. It's a little complicated procedure for most people, but if you don't mind reading a few tutorials and adjusting your registry, it will be very worthwhile.

It's Windows 10. It's what it does. There is a way to block it from doing this, by manually shutting off telemetry and updates in services. I had to do this myself on my Windows 10 rigs, because frankly if you let that stuff run in the background it makes your PC almost unusable. It's a little complicated procedure for most people, but if you don't mind reading a few tutorials and adjusting your registry, it will be very worthwhile.

Solution

Lewis_35

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017

I'm a little annoyed, just re installed windows 10 and noticed disk usage is still 100%, so I give it a search on google to find out that disk defragmenter auto schedules the disk to be defragged, so I disable automatic defragmenter, and boom it's done, now back to downloading my 800+gb of games... thanks for your help I'm definitely going to turn those services off to keep my disk usage at a minimum

Drewz4t

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
I had a similar issue a little while ago. Bought a new 8gb mis Radeon graphics card then ran into issues of 100% disc usage. Tried many things to solve it from the web ECT.. . After some head stating came to conclusion that had to upgrafe5my PSI from 500w to 750w this solved issue straight away. Sadly however Mis were no help at all.

Lewis_35

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017

I have a 750w power supply and I sort of fixed the problem by reinstalling windows and disabling a bunch of services and processes, but I wish there was a better way to do it than disabling system services