Setting up multiple monitors with no display ports and one DVI cable

AmericanPenguin

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
I currently have a ASUS VS248H-P and it only has a DVI, HDMI, and a VGA cable, no display ports. I'm looking into getting the ASUS VG248QE 144hz. Will I need to just connect it to HDMI or get some type of adapter? I only have one GPU and it can support multiple displays.

Solution
Nope, DP supports 144hz. the latest hdmi version does too actually, but it depends on if you gpu and monitor support that version. So, vga is basically dead, so it doesn't, dvi-I doesn't, dvi-d DOES, DP DOES, some hdmi do, but most don't. There's a little cheat sheet :p
Nope, DP supports 144hz. the latest hdmi version does too actually, but it depends on if you gpu and monitor support that version. So, vga is basically dead, so it doesn't, dvi-I doesn't, dvi-d DOES, DP DOES, some hdmi do, but most don't. There's a little cheat sheet :p

Solution
what do you mean by have them in sync? My setup is One 60hz, and one 75hz, and I can drag windows across no prob, if that's what your talking about. If you want to play games across multiple, you will want three, and it won't be a good experience with mixed refresh rates.