aging rig maybe time for upgrade?

ptbp12

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
My rig is about 4 years old and contains the following

i5-4670k not over clocked (not sure on heat sink, could look if needed)
gtx770 nvidia
8 gb ddr3 ram
asus z87 A motherboard
600W power supply
windows 7 64 bit
samsung ssd 250 gb
1tb hard drive

Just wondering what would be the first thing i should look into upgrade. Not sure if my cpu and other components can handle just upgrading to bigger better gpu or not. Any thoughts is most appreciated thank you! and if you need more info just let me know :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
the difference between your CPU and top end is about 20% CPU performance but to get that you basically need a new PC as its mobo, CPU & Ram minimum.

Personally, I think unless you rich, I would just upgrade GPU as that PC has a few more years in it yet. I am not even contemplating an upgrade, PC doesn't even feel slow still.

ptbp12

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
thats what i initially thought, so thank you for that! i havnt ran into a game yet where i struggled to run good settings yet. other then h1z1. Any suggestions for a gpu tho? budget maybe 350ish

yeah find a used 970 or 980 TI for a fair price or just spend the monies and get a 1060 6gb

I am in the same boat, 4590K and to be honest, it served my purpose, gaming and all , I just upgraded my monitor from 32 LCD TV to twin LG 27" and well, THAT IS NICE.. 159.99 ea at frys.com or microcenter.com

only think I would suggest

16gb or 32GB of Ram get some 1600 instead of 1333. it make a difference

ptbp12

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
ya i just got a new monitor waiting for it in the mail at the moment. Ill start looking into a gpu. get a refurbished one and in a few years just redo the whole comp is my plan. Ill also look into new ram. Its a cheapish upgrade from what i know (which isnt much) haha thanks for the replies.