Can't search in specific folders

ninestories

Honorable
Apr 14, 2017
When I built a new PC, I installed Windows 10 on a brand new SSD. My previous (Windows 7) HDD was added as a secondary drive, housing massive libraries of documents, music, and pictures which didn't warrant copying over to the relatively smaller SDD. I can access all files on the old drive just fine, but for some reason can't use the Search function from inside the library folders themselves, though I am still able to search from the parent (Users\[Username]) folder.

For example, searching for "bowie" using the search box at the top right of the Users\Username folder (or any parent) will correctly return any music, pictures, or documents with "bowie" in the filename. But doing the same search in Users\[Username]\Music returns nothing ("No items match your search"). The Security settings on each folder are identical (including Advanced Security Settings).

All 3 folders (documents, music, pictures) have been added explicitly via the Indexing Options window, and I have rebuilt the index multiple times to no avail. I had read elsewhere that the drive letter can have an effect on indexing (specifically A and B), but changing that didn't help either. Not being able to search these libraries from the Start Menu is annoying enough, but not being able to search even the current directory is maddening. For what it's worth, none of the files/directories in question are encrypted and at this point I've given full, blanket read/write/modify access to all files. Any ideas?

EDIT: Full Control Permissions on all directories/files are already granted to 'Authenticated Users,' 'System,' '[Username]', 'Administrators,' and 'Account Unknown' (from the previous Windows installation). I also tried removing the affected folders from the Indexing Options window and then rebuilding the index as I've read that can work, but it didn't.