Audio stuttering/cracking on Skype

jesuak426

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
OK, so when I try to call my relatives from another country, the audio stutters/cracks. I have restarted my computer multiple times, but the problem still persists. If there was a fix I could do, I would be very happy about that! I don't enjoy talking to my relatives on a small phone screen, but if I can't find a fix for this, I might as well do that.

Solution
Hello jesuak426

Can you please scan your PC for viruses or malwares that might be eating some amount of Internet bandwidth? Also, if possible, temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall programs and see if the audio is OK.

You may also want to run any PC optimization tool such as Ccleaner or Ashampoo WinOptimizer that can remove any unwanted files from your computer.

There might even be some other apps installed on your PC that consume Internet bandwidth. Removing or temporarily disabling them might help as well.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)
Hello jesuak426

Can you please scan your PC for viruses or malwares that might be eating some amount of Internet bandwidth? Also, if possible, temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall programs and see if the audio is OK.

You may also want to run any PC optimization tool such as Ccleaner or Ashampoo WinOptimizer that can remove any unwanted files from your computer.

There might even be some other apps installed on your PC that consume Internet bandwidth. Removing or temporarily disabling them might help as well.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Solution