The Tom's Hardware Steam Giveaway for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor GoTY Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
General Info on How To Enter

• ■ These giveaways now span 2 full weeks instead of 1. This means there's more time for you to enter!
    ■ There are now two ways to enter to win! Each person can only win once.

• 1. Enter the raffle via the gleam widget. All we ask for there is a name and a contact email. There will only ever be 1 copy of the game up for grabs with this method.

2. Take part in the discussion in this thread! A discussion prompt will be provided each time. Just answer the prompt to be eligible to win! Eligible participants will be randomly selected to receive a copy of the game.
[widget="https://gleam.io/tt8AE/toms-hardware-steam-giveaway-middleearth-shadow-of-mordor-goty-edition", 600][/widget]

Welcome to another exciting Tom's Hardware Steam giveaway! We have three copies of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor GoTY Edition up for grabs this time. Winner of over 50 “Best of 2014” Awards including Game of the Year, Best Action Game and Most Innovative Game. Experience the definitive version of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor which includes The Lord of the Hunt and The Bright Lord story missions, the Trials of War challenge series plus additional Warband Missions, Runes & Skins.

And now, for the discussion prompt:

What is your favorite character or story in Tolkein's Middle Earth Universe? This can be any story or character from any of the books, films, or games.

The Steam Giveaway will run until 12 p.m. EDT on Friday, April 28th. The game will be awarded to the winners as a Steam gift. A Steam account is required to receive the prize and play the game.

Beren Erchamion or Feanor.
The story of Beren & Luthien is the best Tolkien ever came up with. But the whole story of Feanor & The Silmarils also encompasses Beren & Luthien and is where the foundations for the actual The Hobbit/Lord of The Rings tale begins, and Feanor also is just a great complex character.

snowboarddude

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
my favorite storyline is that of the elves. their castles look absolutely fantastic in the movies and their characters, while being immortal, are pretty badass

oasis789

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Favorite character has to be Gandalf. "A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to."

prac daske

Honorable
Mar 11, 2016
My favorite character is Talion. He has suffered a lot and came back from the dead to get his revenge. I've never play the game though, just watched some gameplays.

That is a really tough call; the characters are all so well-developed. I like Gandalf (the Grey more so than the White), but I also like Gimli (more from the book than the movie, where he was too often used as comic relief). My favorite part of the story was quite possibly The Scouring of the Shire, which sadly was omitted from the movie. I also like the Ents' utter demolition of the fortress at Orthanc, and the Battle of Helms' Deep (book version especially).

brandonclone1

Honorable
Mar 26, 2014
Boromir was my favorite from the movies, and apparently he falls on the "chaotic moral" character in the alignment chart

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/323696291944100035/

My favourite character is the Gollum. Yes the Gollum, I'm not joking. What I like about him is that it reminds me of a lot of real life people that have gotten corrupted, only care about themselves and behave almost the same way. The unfortunate thing is that they don't even know it or understand it...

norune

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2010
Tricky question.
But my answer is simple and straightforward, Frodo.
It's a story about Frodo's journey and how the choices he has made throughout the journey finally pays off even in the darkest hour when even Frodo gives up...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
My favorite character would have to be Eöwyn. I know, sappy lovestruck story and all that, but she's pretty bad-ass when she rips off her helmet, tells the Witch King she's not a Man, then sticks him right in the face with 3 feet of steel. Just makes ya wanna cheer for the good guy.

rinval

Honorable
May 17, 2012
My favorite Character was Legolas. His ongoing counting kill competition with Gimli always makes the battles scenes eve more interesting and amusing.

"[during the Battle of Helm's Deep, Gimli has killed an Uruk-Hai warrior]
Gimli: Legolas! Two already!
Legolas: I'm on seventeen!
Gimli: Huh? I'll have no pointy-ear outscoring me!
[kills another one]
Legolas: [shoots two more arrows] Nineteen! " (http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000137/quotes)

fkafg22

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
Can't really pick, even negative characters are so well developed. If i have to choose one, i'll go with Gimli.

The only book I actually read was The Hobbit. Excellent read. I like the story of how Bilbo came to possess his milthril shirt.

GammaCollie

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
My favourite character has to be Samwise Gamgee. He is always there for the company, be it impromptu poems (if you read the books) or fighting off a giant spider, besides him being one of the few that do not succumb to the ring. He certainly looks as if he is in the story for some comical relief, but as the story progresses, one can certainly see that he is more than his desire to see elves.

On a side note, Gimli makes good meme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oecLk17OgaY

My favorite character has got to be the Mouth of Sauron.
5Gd3WS2.png

f9bFDzX.png

Favorite story is the part in Lord of the Rings where they are going down the Anduin River. I just love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS