Boot failure on error -Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal(ndis.sys)

Daniel123ZI

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
Hi reader .

I have encountered a problem whilst booting on windows 10 .

Pc :

-Lenovo E51

-AMD GPU

-Intel i7

Error code that prevents booting of any sort (normal/safe mode etc.) :

-Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal(ndis.sys)

Cause/Symptoms :

I was busy installing a game and i had to run a .reg file . I did that and the pc acted strange , windows explorer kind of froze , but not a full extent . I then proceeded to restart the pc . That is when the error first came up(error above ) on restart . I Tried resetting the pc : That failed at 1% . Cant system Restore or go back to previous build . Startup repair also does nothing . The only thing i am able to access is the command prompt .Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with network drivers which is usually the case with ndis.sys errors , as my networking was always fine .

Any suggestions welcome

Thank you in advance

Daniel

Solution
Hi there viveknayyar007

I do not own bootable media for any windows os / or any form of winows os , as i am a proud linux user . This is not my pc but i am fixing it . i have tried all the other built in recovery functions Windows 10 has to offer , and only the command prompt seems to work ,

Daniel123ZI

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
Hi there viveknayyar007

I do not own bootable media for any windows os / or any form of winows os , as i am a proud linux user . This is not my pc but i am fixing it . i have tried all the other built in recovery functions Windows 10 has to offer , and only the command prompt seems to work ,

Solution