could not remove all personal files

Solution
wipe? with what tool?

explain us what you did

i usually wipe a hard disk by just formating it, not deleting files

if you just ran a cleaner like ccleaner, it does things by closing what needs to be closed and leaves apps and folders that can't be touched untouched
In order to answer, you'd need to list ALL files on your computer, and we'd probably still not get them all. They're your files.

I don't know how you wiped the computer, but if you really want to wipe it, you should be using something like DBAN, or at least deleting the partitions and re-installing the OS.

Cereal77

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016

That's what I normally do but this was inbuilt into the OS so thought this might have been faster which it was so first time doing it.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
wipe? with what tool?

explain us what you did

i usually wipe a hard disk by just formating it, not deleting files

if you just ran a cleaner like ccleaner, it does things by closing what needs to be closed and leaves apps and folders that can't be touched untouched

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master

sounds to me like he did a Reset this PC as that is one of the two options available: Save files and settings, or Wipe everything.

That formatted the drive for him and then reinstalled windows 10. Odd it showed that warning, maybe it found the library folder locations were on another drive and since it only deletes C drive, it couldn't delete all personal files.

Sounds like he happy now anyway :)