Computer crashes after waking up from sleep (Windows 10)

Lawrence7

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
(4/16/2017) After installing the newest Windows 10 "Security Update Release".

This update found and corrected a Software Driver problem I was otherwise unable to track down.

For about 2 months I've had the crash issue when resuming from sleep mode. Seems a lot of issues surrounding this on the web-discussions. Mostly focusing on out-dated/bad driver issues causing the problem.

From unplugging USB devices, rebooting and then plugging back in to initiate updates, to other more serous driver issues. With PCs/Windows having a Bazillion little drivers all over the place it was becoming impossible for me to track them all down, even considering on reloading Windows and starting over.

The Security Update found and corrected my issue, but I still don't know what driver caused the problem because the security release didn't give details.

I don't know if this will help others with this frustration.

Update:
reviewed BIOS settings.
completely cleaned video drivers with DDU utility and clean reinstall
reconnected USB devices to see if that would update USB drivers
(Discovered I might have a bad RAM stick) removed older ram sticks and left newer ones in (the extra RAM was unnecessary for my current programs).

Now my computer properly wakes from sleep by clicking the mouse, but crashes when waking by keyboard. Appears I have a keyboard issue... hmm...

Solution
Solved:

I solved this with a new Power Supply. After much digging it appears to have something to do with the 5V rail going out.

I also learned the old PSU was not rated well (I bought it spur of the moment when the previous old PSU died). I had replaced cheap with cheap, and get to replace a third time.

This time I installed a Seasonic from Newegg. PC and me are happy now!

Lawrence7

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Solved:

I solved this with a new Power Supply. After much digging it appears to have something to do with the 5V rail going out.

I also learned the old PSU was not rated well (I bought it spur of the moment when the previous old PSU died). I had replaced cheap with cheap, and get to replace a third time.

This time I installed a Seasonic from Newegg. PC and me are happy now!

Solution