Weird blue screen problem

mafiaman1564

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
So I've had blue screens before and know enough on how to diagnose if it was a hardware issue. I did all the usual stuff. Take everything apart rebuild it. Test one stick of ram and just the basics. I still end up getting this blue screen no matter what I do. Basically it happens randomly. I can be playing a game and right in the middle of it a blue screen appears. Then my computer goes to sleep, at least it seems that way because it has a blinking light. So I turn it back on and it wasn't asleep it's fresh booting. I think it may be a software problem but I can't find what's causing it. This started happening a little after I got a windows update. Should I just back everything up and reinstall windows? Any help is appreciated!

Solution
strange event logs showing it had a bugcheck but not telling you which one. Or is it just event 41 (63) where windows found PC restarted but isn't sure why? Did you check ram with memtest? does the blue screen show a code or a file name?

You should have a memory.dmp file now anyway, its always running. Perhaps uploading it to a cloud server and sharing link here might help those who can read them help you.

If its several GB in size, can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents...

mafiaman1564

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
I already have that program, the problem is it crashes so fast it doesn't do a memory dump so it doesn't leave anything helpful. I've checked the windows logs too and it just shows that there was a bug check.

Colif

Win 11 Master
strange event logs showing it had a bugcheck but not telling you which one. Or is it just event 41 (63) where windows found PC restarted but isn't sure why? Did you check ram with memtest? does the blue screen show a code or a file name?

You should have a memory.dmp file now anyway, its always running. Perhaps uploading it to a cloud server and sharing link here might help those who can read them help you.

If its several GB in size, can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Solution