Memory Management Error

London Smith

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
Hello! I'm having some issues with Memory Management Error. It seems to occur randomly. I'll go a week without having it happen, then it will. It happens just often enough to be very annoying. The only common thread between the crashes I can seem to find is that it seems to only do it when I am actively using a browser, namely Chrome. (ie. never when I'm playing video games)
I had this same issue a few months back, but "fixed" it when I stopped putting my computer to sleep at night. IT was fine for a long time, then came back after a Windows update. I'd rather not roll back if I don't have to.

I've seen that I need to run Memtest, but I'm having issues figuring out how it runs, and would like some assistance there. I have the dump file as well, but don't know how to correctly read/send them over to someone with more knowledge than myself. Is there a way to do so without downloading a special program?

Thanks, and if you would like additional info to help me out I can provide!

Solution
If you want to run Memtest, you need to boot it from a CD. It's not a program you run within windows.

The file you should have is an .iso file. You'll need a blank CD. Put the CD in the drive, then start a CD burning program (e.g., Nero, Roxio, Power2Go). If you don't have one you can use http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm. Choose the .iso file downloaded from the site. If you're using a more comprehensive program you already had, look for the option "burn disk image."

Then you need to boot from it. Windows 10 makes this a little easier. While holding SHIFT, restart from the start menu. Under the troubleshooting menu that will appear, choose "use a device" and point it to the DVD drive.

If you want to run Memtest, you need to boot it from a CD. It's not a program you run within windows.

The file you should have is an .iso file. You'll need a blank CD. Put the CD in the drive, then start a CD burning program (e.g., Nero, Roxio, Power2Go). If you don't have one you can use http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm. Choose the .iso file downloaded from the site. If you're using a more comprehensive program you already had, look for the option "burn disk image."

Then you need to boot from it. Windows 10 makes this a little easier. While holding SHIFT, restart from the start menu. Under the troubleshooting menu that will appear, choose "use a device" and point it to the DVD drive.

Solution