Computer Displays small line of horizontal Purple/Green lines on Boot

thunder1221sa

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
I have a custom computer and recently I installed a 1080 ti and a new monitor, after installing these parts it worked fine with no problems for 5 days. Then I turned my computer on and I heard a loud noise coming from inside my computer, then I saw a small band of horizontal purple/green lines at the top of my display. The computer would still not boot to windows 10. I turned off the computer and immediately turned it back on, the loud noise stopped but the lines appeared again. I left it off for a bit then turned it back on and nothing happened. It was working fine for about 3 days with none of this happening then I turned it on and the lines appeared again when booting, after the bios menu showed up. I turned the computer off then back on and it worked fine. It seems to only happen every once in a while, but it only made that loud noise once. Any help would be appreciated!

thunder1221sa

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017

I honestly dont know where the loud noise came from, it only happened once. After I saw the lines on my screen I turned my computer off. When I turned it back on it started like normal, no noise. Then a few days ago the lines appeared. Ive been using my computer with nothing happening since then, but it seems to only happen every so often, no noise anymore just the lines. I have an evga 750 g2

thunder1221sa

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
Btw the lines dont appear during use, they only appeared when windows didnt boot and there was a black screen with the lines. When windows does boot there are no lines and computer works like normal.

Contact the card vendor and see what they say. They may say it's fine, but I would press them to get it changed due to the lines. You don't want a partially good card that will fail on your once the warranty is out when you could have swapped it out now. If you can, test the card in another system with a good power supply, maybe try another cable. Nothing is overclocked right?

thunder1221sa

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017

Nothing is overclocked, if it happe s again I will contact them, it only started happening after I updated my gpu driver, installed the creators update, and got the new card. Its just weird how it only happens sometimes.

Latest posts