When i formatted my HDD and installed a fresh install of W10 my touch screen does not work now.

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
The PC is an Acer Aspire 5600U And this PC was not performing good at all so i formatted the HDD and reinstalled Windows 10 on it and it runs perfect now except that the touch screen does not work now. I tried downloading all new drivers and also updated all windows files. Is it impossible to use touch now?

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

I cant contact them due to it not being in warranty :( See its not really my computer it is a good friend of mines sons computer that totally crashed and i mean BAD. Our only option was a fresh install of windows and i only had W10 but it came with W8. TO make it worse his son has Autism and im sure you know how people with autism are just like toddlers/kids and act like them and he acta like a well behaved toddler and he absolutely LOVES his computer because he does knot know how to use the mouse or keyboard so the touch screen is his only form of use on the computer. I mean he loves it to death and asks me every time he sees me if i fixed it lol. So im trying to do best i can. Heck, i even took it to many computer repair shops and they did not know crap either so idk.

The restore media from ACER will not be $100.00 somewhere between $20 - $40. and your problem will be solved.

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

but do i need to buy windows again also? or does it come with windows?