NAS Drive with Wirelss WIFI Extender

r055c

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
Hi All,

At the moment, I have my ADSL Router (supplied by Sky) in the living room with my TV and PS3 directly connected to it.

On the first floor I have my home office where my NAS drive (A Buffalo Linkstation live) will live.

I've been trying to think of an easy way to get my router to 'see' my NAS drive but without running cables round the house, the only think I can think of is by using one of the below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/cre/NETGEAR-EX2700-100UKS-WiFi-Range-Extender-Wi-Fi-Booster/B00NIUHAG6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1492525899&sr=8-4&keywords=wireless+access+point

I.E wire my NAS drive to the device via its free Ethernetport, Make sure the device is wirelessly connected to the router.

Would this work? is there an easier way that I'm just not seeing?

Because when you buy a snazzy new toy, you want to look at it, be mesmerized by the blinking lights :D

Seriously, maybe going PC ---> Extender ---> NAS, is better than making 2 jumps, PC ---> Extender ----> Main Router ---> NAS.

r055c

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
I'm well aware that this is going to be a dumb question but how do I go of -- extender -- nas?

The reason why I don't want to just plug it into the router downstairs is because it's an old one and a tad on the noisy side....I'll probably end up getting a new synology enclosure but for the time being. This is what I've got