Black boxes and slow right click

AlvarP

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016
Hi,
I'm having problems with slow right clicks and black boxes sometimes appearing to a desktop when selecting an area (left click hold and drag thing).
I think both of these problems started approximately at the same time but i can't recall doing anything that could have caused it (assuming that some driver didn't update without my permission).

So when i right click on pretty much anything that isn't a folder it takes about 10 seconds for the list thing to pop up. I read that deleting stuff from shellex registry folder had fixed this issue for some people so i tried but didn't works for me.

And the other problem that is a bit more weird, sometimes (i don't know what triggers it) when i try to select an area from the wallpaper that area turns black but all icons and the cursor stay visible (the wallpaper changes color). And a bit after the wallpaper has started to turn black then selecting an area starts to show my real wallpaper instead.

And i'm using win10

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, this could be a video driver problem. Open the start menu and click on the gear icon. Click on Update & Security. Click on Update history. See if there have been any recent video driver updates to your system that coincide with the time you started having the problem. IF there is a recent one, right click on the start menu, open Control Panel. Open Device Manager. Find your Display adapter, open its properties, click on the Driver tab, and Roll Back the driver.

If you don't see a recent video driver update, then I suggest getting the latest video driver for your system from the manufactures site. [Help]

This could also be a corrupted system file. Open a command prompt (run as admin) and type SFC /scannow and press <Enter>. [Source]

Another idea is to disable the slide in effects of the context (popup) menu. Right click on start menu and open Control Panel. Open System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left. On the Advanced tab under the Performance section, click the Settings button. Uncheck the box by "Fade or slide menus into view" and press OK. Press OK on the System Properties dialog. [Source]

If none of this helps, write back and maybe someone else can jump in and help. Explain everything that you have tried to do to fix it.