Car Stereo Won't Play Certain MP3s

Status
Not open for further replies.

PwncakesNRofls

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
My cheap Dual XDM260 stereo won't play a seemingly arbitrary selection of mp3s from a 32GB jumpdrive. Once it gets to these songs in the queue, it will skip over them while sometimes even showing the song title and album.

I have confirmed that the stereo can play up to 320 kbps songs. I tried converting all my MP3s to MP3s again. My jumpdrive is in the correct FAT32 format, and I made sure to reformat it again and scanned for any errors.

Here's a picture that describes what I'm dealing with. The properties tab on the right is a song that was able to be played while the tab on the left was not able to be played:
voLLh.PNG

How can I tell which MP3s will be unplayable? Is there anyway I can fix these MP3s so that my stereo will be able to handle them?

Solution
I have found a solution that doesn't involve changing the file format!

By editing out all album art from my MP3 files with tag editing software, now all of the files are able to be played. I think the ones that were messing up had .png format album art embedded within them, but I just decided to remove all art from the files just to make sure. Hopefully this information can help someone.

Edit: It seems I can't pick this post as the best solution, but even so my problem is solved. If a moderator is reading this, you can close the thread now.

PwncakesNRofls

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

It's not due to the filename length or special characters. I have been able to play files as long as "Blind Guardian: And Then There Was Silence.MP3" before as well as characters with accent marks, apostrophes, spaces, etc. Sorry, I should have included that in my OP.

I also just discovered that I can play those unplayable MP3s by converting them to WMA format. So I guess a fix for this would be to convert all of my music to WMA. Would that lessen the audio quality any?

PwncakesNRofls

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
I have found a solution that doesn't involve changing the file format!

By editing out all album art from my MP3 files with tag editing software, now all of the files are able to be played. I think the ones that were messing up had .png format album art embedded within them, but I just decided to remove all art from the files just to make sure. Hopefully this information can help someone.

Edit: It seems I can't pick this post as the best solution, but even so my problem is solved. If a moderator is reading this, you can close the thread now.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.