100% Disk Usage! Tried Everything?!

iamjayson

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
Hi! I'm having trouble with my Dell Inspiron 15 3521. The issue is that I'm constantly getting a 100% disk usage at startup and when opening a program. It freezes my laptop then I get BSOD.

I tried disabling Windows Search, BITS, and Superfetch, but it didn't really fix the problem. I ran SFC /SCANNOW and it didn't find any error. I couldn't complete CHKDSK /F /R and DISM /RESTOREHEALTH, though. My laptop is originally running Windows 8. I tried refreshing and resetting my PC but I still get a high disk usage. lastly, I upgraded it to Windows 10, but the issue remains.

The BSOD messages i get are KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR, CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME, and just recently, MSFS.SYS FAILED.

I checked my 500GB HDD with CrystalDiskInfo and got a caution message in reallocated sectors count. Is my HDD failing? Does it need replacing? And one more thing, I just noticed that whenever I move my laptop to one place to another, it freezes. Could it be that the motherboard is also faulting? Please help me!

Thank you in advance.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
i would first make backups of the file on the hard disk

always backup first

then run a checkdisk, if that doesn't help, reinstall windows, first delete the partition, if that doesn't help, i would replace the hard disk if it is out of warranty