Pc won't post after it had gone to sleep

Ammar Mirza

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
So basically I reinstalled windows 10 a few days ago after a virus scare I had. The computer was working fine for a few days however I did notice whenever my computer would go to sleep for long periods of time >15 mins then whenever if I wanted to start back up the PC would give me a WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR.

At first I decided to ignore as I had had the problem in the past but somehow managed to fix it and have now forgotten.

So today when my computer had gone to sleep for 30 mins I came back and tried to turn it back on however this time the computer did not even show me a blue screen and the screens of both of my monitors were receiving no signal the computers fans and lights came on but then after a few seconds it restarted but this time it didn't post and continue to not.

I then unplugged the computer and tried to turn it on again but to no avail I have also tried to clear cmos to no available. It should be noted the gpu was overclocked and the CPU before the windows reinstall but I hadn't managed to check after the windows reinstall

Solution
Manufacturing and material defects do exist, so I wouldn't rule it out until I have verified it beyond reasonable doubt by either swapping in a known-good PSU or hooking up an oscilloscope to see if anything funny might be happening.

InvalidError

Titan
What is the model, brand and age of the PSU in that computer? A bad/failing PSU could explain why the RAM gets corrupted while the PC is on standby and fail to power back up. I had a similar issue with one of my PCs a few years ago and upon examining the old PSU's innards, I found out that the 5VSB supply was toast.