Factory reset deletes windows 10

KalebB

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
So recently I was trying to factory reset my PC because there was a few problems. When I tried to do it I let it go and it kept going up in percentage but when I came back it was just a black screen. So I power off and then powrr up my PC. It comes to this page that says An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that dont contain an operating system. Press Ctrl alt Del to restart. Please help. BTW windows was preinstalled and I dont have disk for windows 10. It boots up on a ssd

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Check what your boot order is in the BIOS. Likely that the boot order was changed and simply needs to be reset.

Resetting your BIOS and/or MBR might fix this issue as well.

Either way, once you're up and running again be sure to back up your data via a disk imager (i.e. Macrium Reflect) or a snapshot tool (i.e. Rollback Rx)

KalebB

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017

I have tried changing the boot order I literally tried every way there was. How can I reset my bios I did click a thing afterwards that set the settings default and how do I reset MBR because I'm pretty that was a problem when I was trying to reinstall windows