Transfer Windows 10 from hdd to ssd

anshuman_2

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
Hey guyz, i have stuck in a very complicated problem....need your help... I have windows 10 pro 32bit in my old hdd and i want to get it on my ssd with a 64bit version... I am planning to build a new pc as my old pc doesn't work at all.. I still have my old hdd with Windows 10 on it.. How can I get a genuine version of Windows 10 pro 64bit without paying for it as i already had it on my hdd??

Solution
Just install windows 10 64bit on your new computer.
Then use windows activation troubleshooter to transfer windows license from old to new computer.

You can't upgrade 32bit windows to 64bit windows (clean install is required).
It's not advised to use hdd with OS from one pc in a completely different pc - that creates certain issues like:
boot mode compatibility, driver issues, performance issues, windows activation issues.
Just install windows 10 64bit on your new computer.
Then use windows activation troubleshooter to transfer windows license from old to new computer.

You can't upgrade 32bit windows to 64bit windows (clean install is required).
It's not advised to use hdd with OS from one pc in a completely different pc - that creates certain issues like:
boot mode compatibility, driver issues, performance issues, windows activation issues.

Solution

Tom_223

Commendable
Apr 15, 2017
skynetrising is right you have to install windows 10 64bit from microsoft site and do aclean install and on the clean install also delete your hdd content and your ssd content becuase it will cause problem if you wont delete content and make the as new drives

TRENDING THREADS