Page File keeps increasing.

Hello,

After upgrading windows to 1703, It introduced a problem which I did not have before.
The page file keeps increasing to incredible sizes, While the RAM usage is below 10GB. (I have 16GB of Physical RAM)
I have a 128GB M.2 SSD and the only content is the Windows OS, all other files are stored on my 1TB SSD.
There is approx. ~40GB left on the M.2 but the page file slowly increases to the full 40GB which crashes my OS afterward

Is there any solution to this problem?
Reply to Fantassy
2 answers Last reply
More about page file increasing
  1. Fantassy said:
    Hello,

After upgrading windows to 1703, It introduced a problem which I did not have before.
    The page file keeps increasing to incredible sizes, While the RAM usage is below 10GB. (I have 16GB of Physical RAM)
    I have a 128GB M.2 SSD and the only content is the Windows OS, all other files are stored on my 1TB SSD.
    There is approx. ~40GB left on the M.2 but the page file slowly increases to the full 40GB which crashes my OS afterward

You're letting Windows manage the pagefile. It will rise and fall.

With 16GB RAM, set it at a defined min/max.
    1 or 2GB.

I've had mine set at 1GB min/max for years. Zero performance detriment.
    Reply to USAFRet
  2. USAFRet said:
    Fantassy said:
    Hello,

You're letting Windows manage the pagefile. It will rise and fall.

With 16GB RAM, set it at a defined min/max.
    1 or 2GB.

I've had mine set at 1GB min/max for years. Zero performance detriment.

Setting a fixed amount didn't work but I do have fixed the problem actually,
    The problem behind it was the program that I was running, Which is VMWare Workstation Pro.
    Due to the OS update the program needed a reinstall, for some reason the iGPU kept asking more and more ram which resulted in an GPU crash and not an OS crash.

Nonetheless, Thanks for a Answer.
    Reply to Fantassy
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Windows SSD RAM Page file