BSOD Help Please

Hi guys and girls,

My girlfriends laptop gets affected by a BSOD most days at least once, it can happen at the most random of times, at first it appeared to be a network adapter crashing so I updated the drivers and the error message received changed, I had her send over a dump file to have a look and I ran it through WinDbg and it said that
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!NetioDereferenceNetBufferListChain+f4 )

If someone could tell me the best way to post the file that would be great, any help is appreciated!
Reply to Luke_116
6 answers Last reply
More about bsod
  1. it can be any network driver, (wired, wireless, Bluetooth) some motherboard have special support in BIOS for the network hardware. it is common for usb wireless cards to need bios updates and USB updates to support the wireless driver.

overall, I would have to see the memory dump in the windows debugger to get an idea of the cause.
    if it is USB problem you have to provide a kernel memory dump.

Luke_116 said:
    Hi guys and girls,

My girlfriends laptop gets affected by a BSOD most days at least once, it can happen at the most random of times, at first it appeared to be a network adapter crashing so I updated the drivers and the error message received changed, I had her send over a dump file to have a look and I ran it through WinDbg and it said that

If someone could tell me the best way to post the file that would be great, any help is appreciated!
    Reply to johnbl
  2. did you load the dirver for it on the laptop maker site .
    Reply to scout_03
  3. Hi Johnbl
    Heres is a link to the screenshots of the WinDbg, It isnt USB related http://imgur.com/a/9CJrS

johnbl said:
    it can be any network driver, (wired, wireless, Bluetooth) some motherboard have special support in BIOS for the network hardware. it is common for usb wireless cards to need bios updates and USB updates to support the wireless driver.

overall, I would have to see the memory dump in the windows debugger to get an idea of the cause.
    if it is USB problem you have to provide a kernel memory dump.

Luke_116 said:
    Hi guys and girls,

Reply to Luke_116
  4. scout_03 said:
    did you load the dirver for it on the laptop maker site .

I used Device manager, I could try using the Makers site drivers
    Reply to Luke_116
  5. go to the makers specialy if it is a laptop .
    Reply to scout_03
  6. the stack trace showed a lot of networking components.
    but you would have to provide the actual memory dump file so I can read the drivers list.
    files would be located on c:\windows\minidump directory by default.
    you would have to copy them to a service like microsoft onedrive or google doc, mark the files for public access and post a link.

for this problem it would also be useful to have a kernel memory dump rather than a minidump. the file would be c:\windows\memory.dmp after you change the memory dump type and get the next bugcheck.

you can run the command
    lmiftsm
    in the debugger to get the driver list
    with the kernel dump you can run
    !ndiskd.pendingnbls
    to show if any buffer list are stuck in the queue.
    (you would still have to update or remove network drivers)
    Reply to johnbl
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Laptops Blue Screen Error Message