not enough Disc space

dewser11

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
I have a full sized pc jukebox not connected to the internet and it says you are running out of disc space on HP pavilion [C] drive.Ive deleted all that I could but still not enough space.Is there something I can change in the pc or do I need to buy a newer pc

Mammatus

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
You can delete old restore point (image). On "aging" computer, if youve never done this, it can become a very big folder and it is not very heplful to kept those very old Mirror image of your system!

Or, you can buy an external drive to add more disk space to your old comp... ;-)

dewser11

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
Im not a wiz when it comes to pcs.Is the internal a better way to go.Would there be a spot in the tower for this

I am all with 13thmonkey on this. Hard drives are cheap and pretty easy to install. You may even find videos for your model of computer or one that is very close.

Most HP's have room for at least 2 3.5 inch drives. You may be able to add a 3rd in an empty optical drive location(adapter required.).

Many users go with WD. While I have seen more seagate failures, I also have owned more of them as well.

Any drive can fail so if you are worried, you may be able to get one with a longer warranty(but this cost more and does not guarantee the drive will last longer). Always keep a backup copy of your files because all drives will fail some day.

What is your HP model number?