Scrolling lag in MS Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuki Core

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
So I have a laptop with Creators update, official release, I recently installed a fresh OS. All updates and drivers etc.

And the scrolling lags on Microsoft's Edge browser. But it doesn't lag in any other app or Google Chrome browser.

Can anyone help me with this? I couldn't find any information on the internet about this. Seems like I'm the only one with this issue, or only one noticing it.

My laptop: Xiaomi Air 12
CPU: Intel Core m3-6Y30 (900MHz, turbo to 2.2GHz)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 515
RAM: 4GB
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Storage: 250GB PCI-E M2 SSD (System) + 128GB SATA3 M2 SSD

Yuki Core

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

I'm only in for it because of better battery life. I will of course continue use Chrome on desktop. And seems like on laptop as well, as the Edge is not performing as expected.

I didn't create this thread just to complain, I want to resolve this issue. I will try to find a solution, but perhaps somebody already knows the solution?

I know that this is not normal behavior for Edge, as I have 2 other devices (HP Spectre x360 and Macbook Air), which don't have this issue. But they also don't have Creators Update, so I'm guessing it's something to do with that. I am just surprised nobody has mentioned anything about this on the internet...

I was not actually busting your chops. I've had horrible luck attempting to use Edge. I do not like Bing's search results either...

OK... just opened it then did a search, acted OK... When I clicked a link... That took a lot longer than expected.

This is the link I clicked...

http://merabheja.com/how-to-make-edge-fast-and-fix-slow-problem-in-windows-10/

The other thing to check is your network settings. Uncheck TCP/IP v6 for your connections. In most places this is not yet truly implemented. On Mac's this causes big issues, in there set it to local link only or disable

Yuki Core

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

I guess I'd rather charge the device a bit more often, than use the Edge. I have no idea of how I can fix this. Probably the Creators Update is at fault for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.