I have less fps than when i got my pc!

WillySjoberg

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
Hi, i'm wondering why i have dropped 1-15 fps in every game since when i got my pc. The first week was good but when i started to use it more often the fps went down a bit. Not much, it's not bothering my gameplay. I'm just wondering.
Specs:
i3 7100 3.9 ghz
8gb single channel ddr4
msi h110m grenade
gtx 1050 ti
samsung and seagate hdd in total around 500gb

I have the same settings in every game as before and i have the latest drivers. Scanned for viruses yesterday. Thankful for any answers.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
The Paladin is correct. Those are you likely scenarios. Less likely you need a fresh install of windows but if your laptop is new it is likely not needed. Also temperatures can make a difference. Has it been warmer since you had the better frame rate. If yes then you could be losing some performance to the heat causing your CPU/GPU to throttle.

WillySjoberg

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

what will happen if i defragging?

WillySjoberg

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

I will do that on both my hard drives, thank you! One more question. If i buy an ssd and put only windows on there, will the fps boost?

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
SSD should give you a FPS boost depending on the game but the game would need to be install on the SSD not the HDD. Some games like Doom 2016 rely on IO heavily and get better frame rates on SSDs others will not care and you'll see no benefit. Also never defrag an SSD. They don't need it only HDDs get a benefit from defrag.