Restart loop during windows 10 32 bits installation

javierlopez90

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
Let's start saying i'm new to the forum, so let's thank all those members that help in it.

As the topic says, I'm having issues installing Windows 10 (32 bits) on a computer, the computer in question is an Asus Pundit R, which has a motherboard p4r8l (socket 478), 1 GB Ram ddr 400 mhz and an integrated Radeon 9100 IGP, the cpu is a Pentium IV that runs at 3Ghz (Prescott).

Now I'll describe the problem.

When trying to install Windows 10 (32 bits) the computer restarts while Windows 10 logo is being shown (no circle dots), like 30 seconds after pressing any key for loading from DVD, I'ts a downloaded copy from Media creation tool from microsoft.

The DVD is supposed to work fine as I've been able to install it in another PC with a Pentium D. I've used 2 DVD writers, 1 SATA and 1 IDE having the same issue. I had this problem also installing Windows 10 (64 bits) on a pc with a Core 2 duo at 2ghz, but the problem solved removing 1 module of ram.

This solution didn't work in the Pentium IV.

Maybe I'm trying to install Windows 10 in a non supported CPU

Thanks for listening to me.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Welcome to forums :)

The motherboard is too old, Win 10 doesn't support the chipset of the motherboard anymore, it was released in 2000. It doesn't even support LGA 775 that came after it.

The newest drivers for motherboard are XP, that isn't going to work at all with Win 10.

Problem isn't the CPU, its everything really.

The core 2 duo is getting close to being too old as well.

Colif

Win 11 Master
There might be a hardware cause as well but installing win 10 on that PC would likely cause other errors IF you could get it on. No drivers is going to cause errors.

It might be a CPU issue, I didn't look at that once I saw the motherboard you had. Which model pentium is it? See this chart - http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=20768&canMyCpuRunIt=Windows%2010

try making this and see if it works on CPU - not sure how far backwards the tool goes: http://www.tcsscreening.com/files/users/IPDT_LiveUSB/index.html

javierlopez90

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
Its a pentium 4 prescott running at 3 ghz i dont know the exact model. And the computer has XP installed and it works fine, i doubt its a cpu problem, cause the computer was from my sister and she didnt do other thing than storaging pictures

TRENDING THREADS