New 1600x build woes

danrogers1982

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015
I just built a new ryzen r5 1600x system and am having some weird sporadic issues. At first, I had installed most of the software/drivers that came with the motherboard and seemed like software was working well together. Some games lagged, the system wouldnt reboot properly. Meaning it would hang at the bottom end of the cycle and Id have to hold power button. So I uninstalled all extra MSI software and reinstalled the 2 games that were lagging (Dirt 3 and Black Ops 3) Lag seemed to be gone. But then after the system is on for a few hours the lag comes back. I have tried resetting bios to default thinking that would help but it doesnt. System is stable and within normal operating temps with CPU at 4.1ghz and Ram at 2933mhz. The only thing I can see that isnt acceptable is the M.2 NVME drive is registering 91c in hwmonitor. The way my board is laid out, it puts the drive directly under the GPU which was nice since it hid up, but practically it seems dumb.

So what am I missing here? Where should I start? I am working today but I want to try dropping the gpu to a lower pcie lane to generate less heat on the m.2 But could the m.2 being that hot cause games to lag? I mean i should feel no lag on this system.

Ryzen 1600x
MSI Krait gaming x370
GSkill Trident Z 16gb
Asus strix 1080
EVGA G3 650w Gold
Deepcool gamerstorm Captain 240ex
MyDigitalSSD 250gb M.2 NVME

danrogers1982

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015
Right on. I kinda went into this know that. And bios, and drivers are newest available.

danrogers1982

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015
I will definitely be giving this a shot. Thanks