When trying to install Windows 10, I get an error that says "An operating system wasn't found..."

Justborntoday

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
I'm trying to install Windows 10 on my new PC. I'm using a USB. It previously did go to the Windows 10 setup the first time I tried to install it, but it kept rebooting the setup every time it finished installing. I left it overnight and this morning I try to re-install again and the moment I boot up my computer with the USB I get a message saying:

An operating system wasn't found.Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

I'm not finding any helpful answers online. Is there a way to fix this? I don't know how to get to the BIOS menu from here either because it doesn't even give me a chance before displaying the error message.

Solution
what motherboard do you have?

We will need to go into bios and make sure secure boot is off, fast boot is off (if it exists) and make sure USB is in the boot order as 1st as it sounds like PC is ignoring USB and trying to boot Win 10.

If you know the keys to enter BIOS (might be del) then you may be able to hold it down before you start PC

Colif

Win 11 Master
what motherboard do you have?

We will need to go into bios and make sure secure boot is off, fast boot is off (if it exists) and make sure USB is in the boot order as 1st as it sounds like PC is ignoring USB and trying to boot Win 10.

If you know the keys to enter BIOS (might be del) then you may be able to hold it down before you start PC

Solution