Was playing a steam game and then suddenly the computer turned off and then restarted again

JohnTHDW

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013
I was playing the game Tf2, this is a steam game, don't know if it matters but the computer just turned off, no crash or anything, everything just went black and then it restarted again. I don't understand why this is happening. This has happened to me in the past but very seldom, very rare even. But today with a new copy of windows and no many new programs installed. How can I check if this is a memory problem, game problem, windows 10 or GPU problem?

Here are my system specs:

Proccessor AMD 6300

GPU Ati Radeon 7790

8GB DDR3

Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970

What good would monitoring do? Check your PSU, if you have another one, put that in there and test it. If not, youll have to buy one. Can always return it if it isnt the issue, but when your PC turns off during gaming like that, it is usually a power issue.

JohnTHDW

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013

I already replaced a 550 Cooler master for a XFX ATX12V/EPS12V 650W

BaRoMeTrIc

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
Your cpu is probably overheating let me guess... Your computer stutters a lot before it shuts down? It throttles but still can't get cool enough so it then shuts down. Try reapplying thermal paste to the cpu fan.

OVERHEATING....!!!!!!!!!!!
try monitoring the temps of ur processor or graphics card.....
Download HWINFO and monitor the temp... here's the link: https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

Remove the thermal paste of ur processor first, u can use a coffee filter and some isopropyl alcohol and then reapply some thermal paste. I personally recommend the cooler master mastergel pro but you can get the arctic mx. And then check the temps again...