Problems loading certain websites

Seuration

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. I can't seem to get the store, or Netflix to properly load on any browser (tried Chrome, Edge, and Firefox). I know it's not my internet connection (as my phone and a windows XP machine are on the same connection and have no issues with either), I have the firewall disabled, Microsoft's site and store wont load correctly either, but I got a download of Silverlight so that isn't the problem either. I am at my wit's end. Can anyone help me?

*edit: All other websites load just fine. Store does load, just extremely slow. Thinking there has to be a settings issue somewhere.

This is what I see.
2zs5eOk.jpg

Solution
The Netflix app for Windows 10 requires the VCLibs120 and the PlayReadyClient2 DLLs. These DLL files are actually installed by the store when installing Netflix app, but it seems that store ‘thinks’ that you need older versions of VCLibs120 and the PlayReadyClient2, as well. So to solve the problem, you just need to download an app which installs those DLLs, and probably the best choice for this is Flixster app. Here’s exactly what you need to do:

For various PC problems, we recommend to use this tool.

This tool will repair most computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Quickly fix PC issues and prevent others from happening with this software:

First...

99Hacks

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
The Netflix app for Windows 10 requires the VCLibs120 and the PlayReadyClient2 DLLs. These DLL files are actually installed by the store when installing Netflix app, but it seems that store ‘thinks’ that you need older versions of VCLibs120 and the PlayReadyClient2, as well. So to solve the problem, you just need to download an app which installs those DLLs, and probably the best choice for this is Flixster app. Here’s exactly what you need to do:

For various PC problems, we recommend to use this tool.

This tool will repair most computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Quickly fix PC issues and prevent others from happening with this software:

First uninstall Netflix app
Now, open the Windows Store App
Search for Flixster app
Install the Flixster
Wait for the installation to finish
Then search for Netflix
Install Netflix
If installing older versions of VCLibs120 and the PlayReadyClient2 DLLs didn’t help, you can try with some of the solutions listed below.

Solution 2 – Check for Windows Updates
If there’s an official fix available from Microsoft it will be available via Windows Update, and to perform Windows Update, do the following:

Open the Start Menu and type Windows Update.
Open the app and click Check for Update.
If update is available make sure that you download it.
WE RECOMMEND: Click to free scan your PC for malware & improve performance
Netflix relies on Silverlight so if you see update for Silverlight download them as well.

Solution 3 – Update your display drivers
Sometimes this issue can be caused by drivers, so it won’t hurt to visit your graphic card manufacturer’s website for latest Windows 10 drivers.

Some users have reported issues with AMD display drivers, so if you have AMD graphic card you might want to install some older version of the drivers if the latest ones are not working for you.

Users have confirmed that this solution was helpful, so if you own AMD graphic card make sure that you uninstall your display driver and try the latest / older drivers.

We recommend this third-party tool (100% safe and tested by us) to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC.

Solution 4 – Try reinstalling Netflix app

Uninstall Netflix application, then re-download it from the Windows 10 store. If the problem persists, uninstall Netflix, restart your computer and then download Netflix again. This seems like a simple solution, but it has worked for few people.

Solution 5 – Use another multimedia player
This is an unusual solution, but some users claim that it works. Before starting Netflix app run GOM player. GOM player will load its own codecs, and now you can start Netflix app and the app will use GOM’s player codecs instead, and it should work without any problems.

This is quite an unusual problem, and we hope that Microsoft and Netflix will find a solution. While you wait for official fix, try to keep your Netflix app and Windows 10 up to date.

If you have any comments, questions, or maybe some other solution for this problem, write it down in the comment section below, we would love to read it. Also, if you have any other Windows 10-related issues you can check for the solution in our Windows 10 Fix section.

Solution

Seuration

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

I had already done a google search and seen this post on Windowsreport.com and tried almost everything in it before coming to the community to ask for a solution. I thought #5 was stupid, but it worked. VLC media player fixes this issue. Everything works fine now. Thanks for making me try this out of desperation. :p