Dual monitors set at different refresh rates.

hidar_1

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
greetings, Im wondering if its possible to have one monitor set to 60hz and the other one at 144hz. The 144hz one will predominantly be for gaming of course and the other for browsing. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Yes, generally it is possible but it depends on the monitor itself and your graphics card. I had two monitors, one actually a tv/monitor at base 50hz and a 1080p 24" ASUS at 60hz, capable of 75hz. With one at 50 and the other at 60, I had issues with dizziness. Depending on your sensitivity to motion, you could cause yourself a lot of issues with different refresh rates unless you turn off the monitor not in primary use. So, running two or more monitors at the SAME time with different hz = bad.

It would be best to have both capable of the same refresh rates and set them accordingly. However, your GPU must be capable of driving both, if for example, they are both 144hz monitors.

hidar_1

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

Both are 144hz, theres no possible way to set? the system just puts both at 60hz....

Ditt44

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Yes, generally it is possible but it depends on the monitor itself and your graphics card. I had two monitors, one actually a tv/monitor at base 50hz and a 1080p 24" ASUS at 60hz, capable of 75hz. With one at 50 and the other at 60, I had issues with dizziness. Depending on your sensitivity to motion, you could cause yourself a lot of issues with different refresh rates unless you turn off the monitor not in primary use. So, running two or more monitors at the SAME time with different hz = bad.

It would be best to have both capable of the same refresh rates and set them accordingly. However, your GPU must be capable of driving both, if for example, they are both 144hz monitors.

Solution