I Uninstalled A Program But It Still Shows Up In Windows Search

• Thread starter Deleted member 2038075
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2038075

So I installed a program, the game TripleA actually, then later uninstalled it because it was too complicated for me to play. It is gone from the "uninstall a program" screen, but whenever you type in "TripleA" in the windows search it still shows up under desktop apps. I've had this problem before and solved it by going to the start menu folder and deleting the application shortcut, but this time there is no TripleA file. The TripleA that comes up in search doesn't do anything when clicked on and won't give any options when right clicked on. I've searched through the whole file explorer for anything related to the program and I can't find anything. Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks!

Solution
it might be your user profile at fault. Try making a local account, make it admin, copy contents of the old users folders in c/users/username onto new user so its got same access. Takes 5 minutes max and easy way to tell if its your old user at fault. If you want to swap from old user you just need to set up steam, browsers and maybe onedrive - I did it myself last year.

Colif

Win 11 Master
D

Deleted member 2038075

So now every new program I install doesn't show up in the search, but all the ones I have from before still work fine.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it might be your user profile at fault. Try making a local account, make it admin, copy contents of the old users folders in c/users/username onto new user so its got same access. Takes 5 minutes max and easy way to tell if its your old user at fault. If you want to swap from old user you just need to set up steam, browsers and maybe onedrive - I did it myself last year.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2038075

Okay thanks! I'll try that!