How to use an HD 4550 card as an internal graphics card

ludzik3d

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
On my HP Z600 with Windows 10 I have two different cards - Radeon HD 4550 and GTX 1060

The monitor is now connected to Radeon.

In my old laptop (Windows 7) with internal GPU and GT 520mx GPU, you can right-click the application icon and select the card you want to use with this software.

Can I get something similar in the current configuration?

Thanks!

Solution
As far as I know, there is no way to achieve what you want to do.

The "switchable" graphics is usually for onboard & discreet card pairings - and exclusive to laptops.

Unless you have a specific requirement for a Radeon card, the HD4550 is going to be more of a hindrance than a help.
You can utilize both cards in DX12 under EMA (Explicit Multi-Adapter), but that's limited to a single title....and not likely to see widespread adoption.

Again, unless you have a specific requirement for the Radeon, you'll want to be connected to the 1060 - you can't use it's raw power if you'r not connected to it, and you'll be limited to the ability of the older HD4550.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
As far as I know, there is no way to achieve what you want to do.

The "switchable" graphics is usually for onboard & discreet card pairings - and exclusive to laptops.

Unless you have a specific requirement for a Radeon card, the HD4550 is going to be more of a hindrance than a help.
You can utilize both cards in DX12 under EMA (Explicit Multi-Adapter), but that's limited to a single title....and not likely to see widespread adoption.

Again, unless you have a specific requirement for the Radeon, you'll want to be connected to the 1060 - you can't use it's raw power if you'r not connected to it, and you'll be limited to the ability of the older HD4550.

Solution