Anything pre-rendered looks horrible on my PC. Please help, this is really bothering me

TheCriticalSpan

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
Hey everyone. It's my first time posting here so excuse me if this is the wrong section.

I recently bought a new gaming PC. Games look really good and there's no problem with that. The problem is that anything that's pre-rendered looks really bad and incredibly pixelated. This includes things like video game cutscenes, youtube videos (and basically any other video), images on the internet and saved ones... basically anything that isn't being rendered real time. My screen is supposed to 1920x1080 pixels but I have to crank the youtube player all the way up to 4K to get decent quality and still looks pixelated.
I'd like to get this out of the way right across, as I have seen this in many other posts of people with similar complaints as mine. The videogame cutscenes don't look bad because they're compressed and were made for consoles. There's actually a problem.
Here are my specs: GTX 980Ti Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz 16 GB RAM As I already said, I have a 1920x1080 pixels 27 inch BenQ monitor (can't remember the model name) and I've made completely sure that the screen resolution in the windows settings is 1920x1080.
I have taken some internet speed tests and always have around 60 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload.I have all the latest drivers installed for my GPU and the latest version of every browser I use.
I can provide pictures if needed. Please help! This is getting extremely frustrating. Thanks in advance!advance!

You didn't use an old windows install did you?

TheCriticalSpan

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017

The PC was a prebuilt and came with a disc copy of windows 10 that I used to install my OS, if that's what you're asking

TheCriticalSpan

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017

Just wondering, why could it be the CPU?

BuckyJunior

Honorable
Aug 25, 2016

I think it may be the CPU because it might not be decoding the compressed files correctly. (or however it reads them)

TheCriticalSpan

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017

If that is discovered to be the case, is there anything I can do to fix it?

TRENDING THREADS