ASUS VG248QE issues

Morefiddle

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Hello there everyone,

I bought an ASUS VG248QE last week, and it arrived at this Monday. At the same day, when I connected it to my gaming computer, for the first time, it worked flawlessly, then I installed the drivers right away. After I woke up at Tuesday, when I tried to boot up my computer, the monitor would just display "No DVI signal" and it would just go to sleep, as if my computer wasn't booted. After fiddling with the cables (connecting and disconnecting the cables and waiting sometimes) for about 10~20 minutes, I got it to work again.

The problem is that this situation is repeating every time. It seems that if I don't use my computer for some time (some hours) after turning it off, it happens again.

Some details about my hardware/software:
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit (I have dual-boot with Ubuntu LTS 16.04.2)
- GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
- CPU: i7-4770 3.4 GHz
- Power supply: Corsair TX 750W
- Nvidia drivers: Updated yesterday, it is 381.X? I think.

What I've already tried in troubleshooting:
- I've already verified my DVI dual-link cable is connected at the VGA.
- I've already verified the BIOS is set to boot the PCI-E slot 1 (my VGA) as my computer display output.
- My older monitor, a 21' 60hz LG, is working without any issue. Even though it's connected in HDMI, I think. Gotta check.
- Today, I've connected the VG248QE to an older computer (no VGA, I connected the monitor in the motherboard) and it worked flawlessly, I kept it there, and I'll try to verify if the monitor works again when I return from college.

I'd like to know if anyone got a suggestion about what to try in troubleshooting or have any idea about why is this happening?

Thanks for the attention.

Solution
Update: It seems that my DVI-D port from my Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 is broken and/or barely detects anything. Since yesterday, I've been connecting my monitor (using a DVI-D dual-link cable) in the DVI-I port from the VGA and it is working.

I'd like to request for some moderator or someone from the staff to close this thread.

Morefiddle

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Update: It seems that my DVI-D port from my Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 is broken and/or barely detects anything. Since yesterday, I've been connecting my monitor (using a DVI-D dual-link cable) in the DVI-I port from the VGA and it is working.

I'd like to request for some moderator or someone from the staff to close this thread.

Solution