Windows 10 installation freezes on boot logo spinning dots freezed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krzysztof_12

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Hi

I checked the existing threads but cannot find the solution.

So this is what happend:

I have upgraded a little my old pc which was running windows 10 64 bit with no issue.
Upgrade was for mobo, cpu, ram and case. Other stuff like graphics and sdd stayed. I was lazy enough to not reinstall the windows and bum - it worked with new mobo and everything.

After 4 months of uninterrupted computing my pc crashed completly, after many attempts of windows repair soulutions, disk checks etc I surreneded and wiped clean my sdd

. I created bootable pendrive with media creation tool also a dvd and after first files are loaded to memory windows installation freezezs with spinning dots logo. Since then I tried everything, pendrive, dvd, even windows 8.1 installation. Always the same result. Did the bios update still the same. Finally I tried windows 7 and it worked flawlessly. Now i am trying to install windows 10 through windows 7 but still it starts the installation - then a restart and boot freeze.
HELP ME PLEASE! I am loosing my mind to fix it. Tried all suggested options, UEFI, legacy stuff in bios, usb 3, usb 2 switch and everthing else - it just wont budge.

My specs:

Mobo: Asus H110M-K DDR4 1151
Cpu: intel I3 6100
Ram: 2x 8Gb
Old graphic card Nvidia Gtx 460 se
ssd, dvd, wifi adapter

Help me pls

Solution
May not be the Wi-Fi card it could-be something else that is causing the hardware conflict So I recommend taking out a single component and trying to boot again until your rule out what is causing the problem.

yamahahornist

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I had this problem the other day... Still don't have a clue why; but I couldn't install Windows 10, but Windows 7 worked. The Windows 10 installer would hang at 0%.... and it worked on other computer... Your best bet is to open CMD run diskpart select your ssd (you can open cmd in the windows 10 or 7 installer by pressing shift+F10) then select your disk and run the command "clean all" (without quotes). This takes AWHILE! "Clean All" takes about an hour per 320 GB to finish running. After it's done, try the Windows 10 install.

Krzysztof_12

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Thank you for the advice but it won't work -- I tried to run installer without my ssd present - still it was the same - it hanged on first boot logo. If hdd was not in play at all I don't think doing anything with it will help.

fullmetal297

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
I had the same problem trying to upgrade from 7 to 10 on my Z77 mobo and it would freeze and boot loop. It turned out to be the WiFi card being plugged into the PCI-E x4 slot, so I took it out and switched it to the full sized slot and it booted and installed 10 just fine.

yamahahornist

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

Sounds like your installer is corrupted. Did you make the dvd yourself? Or did you buy a copy from Microsoft?

Krzysztof_12

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
I tried to disconnect wifi modem. No luck..:(

fullmetal297

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
May not be the Wi-Fi card it could-be something else that is causing the hardware conflict So I recommend taking out a single component and trying to boot again until your rule out what is causing the problem.

Solution

Krzysztof_12

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Tried that already as stated in my initial post. Dvd, 2 flash drives, direct windows 7 sdd downolad....all failed

Status
Not open for further replies.