Need MONITOR HELP

Vaught

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015
I have two monitors and I just set them up but whenever I try to open an application on the second monitor it pulls it up on my first monitor not the second, any help?

Solution
This has been a problem with MS for years, not being able to assign certain apps to open in Monitor 1 or Monitor 2. Generally, the last monitor that an app was closed in will reopen in that monitor. I would suggest moving the app(s) over to the second window after opening them in your primary monitor window and then close them and reopen them to see if they open on monitor 2. This works for me in most apps (but not all). The downside to that is if you shut your PC down, you have to start all over again. It's a PITA.

Geef

Distinguished
I am just going from memory here but when I had my tv setup as my second monitor I remember in the control panel there would be a option to identify which monitor was which with a 1 and a 2 number popping up. There should be a option to set which monitor is Default or Primary. You might have them backwards.

This has been a problem with MS for years, not being able to assign certain apps to open in Monitor 1 or Monitor 2. Generally, the last monitor that an app was closed in will reopen in that monitor. I would suggest moving the app(s) over to the second window after opening them in your primary monitor window and then close them and reopen them to see if they open on monitor 2. This works for me in most apps (but not all). The downside to that is if you shut your PC down, you have to start all over again. It's a PITA.

Solution