Tom's Hardware Steam Giveaway - Bayonetta

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
General Info on How To Enter

• ■ These giveaways now span 2 full weeks instead of 1. This means there's more time for you to enter!
    ■ There are now two ways to enter to win! Each person can only win once.

• 1. Enter the raffle via the gleam widget. All we ask for there is a name and a contact email. There will only ever be 1 copy of the game up for grabs with this method.

2. Take part in the discussion in this thread! A discussion prompt will be provided each time. Just answer the prompt to be eligible to win! Eligible participants will be randomly selected to receive a copy of the game.
[widget="https://gleam.io/CLjB2/toms-hardware-steam-giveaway-bayonetta", 600][/widget]

Welcome to another exciting Tom's Hardware Steam giveaway! We have three copies of Bayonetta up for grabs this time. PlatinumGames’ universally acclaimed action masterpiece finally comes to PC. Experience the over-the-top stylish action in 60fps at unlocked HD resolutions. The definitive way to play: being bad never felt so good.

And now, for the discussion prompt:

Who is the most badass femme fatale in all of gaming?

The Steam Giveaway will run until 12 p.m. EDT on Friday, May 12th. The game will be awarded to the winners as a Steam gift. A Steam account is required to receive the prize and play the game.

UltimateLord

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
tough question, I have 2 options:
1st Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) though she changes her personality on the part 2 of the video game, she really kicks mitochondrial asses all the way through manhattan...
2nd The Boss (MGS: Snake Eater) Big Boss' menthor and co-creator of the CQC... does anyone need a resume?

so, i would go for... option 2, The Boss... her story, her dying for her country in spite of being labeled a traitor, and moreover, to have trained Jack AKA Big Boss, she is for me, the most badass woman of the videogames...

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
You want badass female characters, big boss metal gear solid 3 pretty much hands down, but femme fatale is quite a bit harder... I would have to go ada from resident evil... can't really think of more than that and the few I can think of are spoilers.

as a side note, would love a copy of bayonetta, especially because the only other version I have is the ps3 version and couldn't really get into it because of the issues that console had with the game.

Kunra Zether

Reputable
Jun 25, 2016
A femme fatale (/ˌfæm fəˈtɑːl/ or /ˌfɛm fəˈtɑːl/; French: [fam fatal]) is a stock character of a mysterious and seductive woman whose charms ensnare her lovers, often leading them into compromising, dangerous, and deadly situations. She is an archetype of literature and art. Her ability to entrance and hypnotise her victim with a spell was in the earliest stories seen as being literally supernatural; hence, the femme fatale today is still often described as having a power akin to an enchantress, seductress, vampire, witch, or demon, having power over men.

Just to give y'all a little help on what a femme fatale is.

Maarsch

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2012
an attractive and seductive woman, especially one who will ultimately cause distress to a man who becomes involved with her.

Euhm . . . .
Gee . . .

Citra - Far Cry 3?

This has to be one of the most over-used tropes in the industry, yet I'm having a hard time coming up with female characters that are actually sneaky and plotty rather than just big boobed or scantily clad leaders of some criminal organization whose deceit you can smell coming a mile away.