Sager NP9876 Display remains black after screen was turned off due to power options inactivity.

romee_might

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015
Ill try to be as discrete and brief as possible. I have a New Sager NP9876 with 1 gtx 1080 and running windows 10. From the first time I powered on the laptop, it came on, lights flashing etc, but the screen remained black, but slightly lit... I had to power off and power back on and this time it booted up to the windows sign in page...

I've did countless troubleshooting with changing lid options, sleep options, I've tried shutdowns, and sometimes I get the black screen after booting back up, and same thing with a hibernate. A sleep however seems to recover most of the time I believe.

My temporary fix is when i get the black screen after either booting up fresh, or after the display was turned off due to inactivity, is to press fn+f12 which sleeps the laptop, and press it again to wake it up, and the laptop screen will then come on.

Outside of all this there have been times I get a quick flash with some horizontal white lines right before the Sager logo comes up when booting up...

I have performed a clean windows install and the problem still exists.

When I have the problem (black screen on boot up, or after screen is off) and am running on battery, sometimes when i plug in the power cord, the screen wakes up and comes on.

Soo whatever the problem is, it seems to occur after the screen turns off...

I am in the process of troubleshooting with the re seller. but any advise or opinions will be greatly accepted.

P.S when i have the black screen and connect HDMI (only tried it once and it worked) the screen is projected on the TV but laptop screen stays black.

Jesal Patel

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
Well the problem is with ur laptop screen if what you said is true, and I recommend not to repair by yr self cos u van break something. Use your warranty and get it done by sager or clevo itself, possible cause would be screen vrm failure.....

Nov 23, 2018
Has this ever been solved? I have a Clevo P650RP6-G (same barebone as in the Schenker XMG P507), and sometimes the screen turns black. Standby solves the problem. Connecting another screen works, and then I can choose my laptop screen as primary screen again to make everything work again. Also, I have switched my "close screen" function to nothing. Now the screen becomes black when I close the laptop, and when I open it again, everything works again without a standby. So it seems like the laptop momentarily forgets that it has the screen. I have tried shaking my laptop and repeatedly opening and closing it, but the black screen seems to be completely random. Your problem seems a little alike.