Accidentally Mounted ISO In Downloads? (With Screenshots)

Minky7

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
I downloaded the windows 7 iso as I needed it for another computer. In an attempt to mount it to a USB I right clicked it and selected mount while it was still in my downloads folder (I thought it would pull up an interface allowing me to select the destination), any ways i then tried double clicking, and then finally figured out I had to move it to the USB and then mount it. After that was finished I noticed I had two DVD drives in the "This PC" window (I don't have any DVD Drives) after snooping around a bit I found out they're "Microsoft Virtual DVD-ROM's", I tried ejecting them which did nothing except make it so they didn't show up as install media but rather just drives now. I've tried uninstalling the drivers through disk management but they just re-appear on restart, and if I try to delete the iso copy in my Download folder it says it is in use in system. Any ideas as to how to get rid of the drives and the iso? Also I know, stupid mistake. My OS is Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)

Screenshots : http://imgur.com/a/nlyjt

Minky7

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
Thanks for the reply, I restarted my computer in order to give that a shot (as I had tried uninstalling the drives again using disk management to see if I could at least delete the iso after that which meant I had to restart to get them to re-appear so I could try your solution), and upon restart (contrary to previous attempts) the disks were gone from both "This PC" and "Disk Manager", and I could delete the iso. So no clue what happened but it's fixed now. Thanks for the reply anyways!