Deleted imagepathfiles and now i can't sign in to my computer

RBS___

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
So i deleted the imagepathfiles because i was trying to fix the restart on the computer, but when i shutdown and booted up again i couldnt sign in to my computer. I did take a backup of the imagepathfiles, but i guess that won't help much when i can't do anything

gardenman

Splendid
Hi,
Do you have boot media with Win10 on it?
Do you know the exact paths and values in the registry?

Here's what I'm thinking... 4 possibilities... starting off with the safest and easiest, to the more risky and difficult.

1. Use the [boot media to set your system to safe mode] and boot up into safe mode so you can access regedit. Merge your backup into registry if possible.

2. Are you using system restore ? If so, use the system restore on the boot media. (Troubleshooting / Advanced Options / System Restore).

3. Use the boot media to go to command prompt and use the [reg add] command. You will need to know exactly what key(s) to add and the full path(s).

4. Use command prompt and see if Windows created a valid registry backup and try to restore it. [More info] [Another page with same info] Warning, you must be careful with this one. If the backup files are 0 bytes or have a date after the time you did the reg edit, then this will only make things worse.

If none of the above works, you could try startup repair on the boot media.

RBS___

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017

Hey,
So i managed to do a System restore afterall.
first i tried booting from the win8 media, but when i tried system restore i only got a error.
Then i enabled cmd on the shift key( if you know what i mean?) and then i manged to enable the power options in the log in screen. so i then pressed and held down shift while i clicked on restart until i got the Menu up. And for some reason when i used system restore that way it worked? So you could say im quite confused.
But i really do appriciate the help, and if the way i used wouldn't work i probably would have your first possibility.

Thanks

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I doubt if the Win8 boot disc can do a system restore on a Windows 10 system which would explain why you got an error. Are you using Windows 10?

You said you was able to get the system restore working (after shift + restart), did that fix the problem for you? If Windows still won't boot and you have other system restore points (different dates), then try them ALL one at a time.

RBS___

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017

Yeah i have Win10 now, and after the (shift + restart) it did acually work fine. But i will have to see if there is other problems that occur in time.