Cannot enter BIOS

mkgupta1917

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017
I have tried almost every possible key, F10, F12, F2, F1, F9, Ctrl + Alt + Del, Ctrl + Alt + Esc, but just cannot enter BIOS, I am in desperate need to change my Dedicated Video memory from 32mb to higher on a 8Gb RAM.
Everytime I press F10, it just takes me to a system menu where I can change date etc.
I have a HP 110-216ix Desktop, with 8Gb RAM, HP 2AFB motherboard, BIOS mode legacy and version, AMI 80.18.

Please help me in either accessing the RAM, or changing the Dedicated Video Memory.

Solution
Win 10 should work fine since its been on PC before.

see if this helps:

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqW2-mTgbqI&index=9&list=FLQTjAhxSptSza8hK6P-nXaA"][/video]

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you just try escape by itself as that is what it is on laptops in that family

none of these books are much help: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-110-200-desktop-pc-series/5399643/model/6947817/manuals

does windows 10 work? If it does, go to settings/update & security/recovery - advanced start up, click restart PC now button
this loads advanced startup
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose UEFI firmware, this should restart PC and put you in the bios

mkgupta1917

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017
I did try both of them too.
When I pressed escape it just showed a menu for all the things the Function Keys did, and none of them read BIOS or anything related to it.
I did also try all those individual keys and checked their functions, but no BIOS still.
I saw a video about the restart from security and update on Windows 10, and did try it too, went to troubleshoot menu, it showed 6 options, but none of them took me to BIOS.
Also, my original desktop came through a friend, who bought it for me, I dont know the preinstalled software, but when I got it, it had UBUNTU, so I got bought a disc for Windows 7, and then upgraded it to Windows 10 during when Microsoft was giving it for free.
The troubleshooting menu had an option to go back to Windows 7, is that a possible reason I cannot access Windows 10?