Gaming PC Appraisal

Jgonz316

Prominent
May 1, 2017
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Received a few things from a relative that passed away and I have no idea on value. Thank you in advance

2pzb8nn.jpg

333ep1s.jpg

2elcbk3.jpg
[/img]

Solution
The HTC Vive headset alone, if it is fully functional and in good condition, will be worth at least $300. They sell for between $600 and $700 with the headset, sensors, and controllers. If you find all that, you could probably get $500, but I'm unsure what used VR hardware is going for.

As for the internals, I think Barty1884 is getting close with his guesses based off of what you have posted so far. It is certainly a first-gen hexa-core Intel Core i7 CPU. Unfortunately it is about eight years old now, so the CPU and motherboard won't fetch a lot of cash. $200 together if you are lucky, but probably a bit less. The GPU, assuming it is the AMD Radeon HD 7950 or 7970 would probably get you about another $100. Perhaps $150 if it is the...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
All you've posted is a case, so we won't be able to shed much light on anything.

Can you turn the system on?

ASUS ROG board with USB3.0, so it's pretty modern..... but as far as specifics, there's just not enough info.

Jgonz316

Prominent
May 1, 2017
Sorry that picture didn't want to upload before. Turns on and works fine. Has a damn set of VR goggles with it. I will try and provide more info you need if you tell me where to look

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Based on the info there, I suspect it's an i7-990X..... but I'm not sure when USB3.0 started to appear on boards?

With the VR goggles, they'd likely upgraded the GPU to a minimum GTX 1060 (I think that's the minimum anyway) - so the GPU should definitely have some value..... Looks like it's SLI too.

If the CPU truly is an i7-990X, it's going to have some value too (especially paired with a working board).
Look at completed sales on eBay recently(ish):
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=i7-990X&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Yeah, my best guess is you've got an i7-990X + ASUS Rampage III Extreme board.
b3Zk3rKymTiqJ38P_500.jpg

Jgonz316

Prominent
May 1, 2017
Cool. Thank you. When I get home today I will turn it on and look into it to see if I can get more info. Honestly don't know much about the inner workings or where to look for some stuff.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Pictures of the inside will help some (for PSU, CPU cooler etc) and you should be able to check the GPU models via a variety of software* - or within Windows itself (DXDIAG, Device Manager etc should all show).

I would download and run CPU-Z, check through the tabs at the top and just write out what it says under:
CPU tab: "Name"
Mainboard tab: "Model"
Graphics tab: "Display device selection"

CPU-Z can be found here: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Jgonz316

Prominent
May 1, 2017
I may also need to post pictures of another tower he called a "duplicator" ? It has multiple disk drives, I believe 10 to be exact, that I believe read and write blue rays, cds, dvds, etc to try and get the value on it as well. Thank you for all the help so far. And I apologize for my ignorance on this subject lol

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I assume you've gotten the "HD7900" from inside the OS (operating system)?
Unfortunately that's just the 'series'. There is no "HD7900", but there are "HD7950", "HD7990" etc - the specific model is what we;'d need to identify (there should be a sticker on the back of the card with a serial number, or further info.

It appears there are two GPUs installed though? I assume theyre the same, and in CrossFire...... but stranger things have happened.

The HX1050 is a quality PSU, although dated (can't remember how long ago..likely 'of the period' of the i7-990X)...... it may have some value but, being 6 years old or so, probably not too much.

Where are you located OP? Out of curiosity.

Jgonz316

Prominent
May 1, 2017
The VR goggles are an HTC Vive. But all I have is the Headset. I believe it should have more with it.

The HTC Vive headset alone, if it is fully functional and in good condition, will be worth at least $300. They sell for between $600 and $700 with the headset, sensors, and controllers. If you find all that, you could probably get $500, but I'm unsure what used VR hardware is going for.

As for the internals, I think Barty1884 is getting close with his guesses based off of what you have posted so far. It is certainly a first-gen hexa-core Intel Core i7 CPU. Unfortunately it is about eight years old now, so the CPU and motherboard won't fetch a lot of cash. $200 together if you are lucky, but probably a bit less. The GPU, assuming it is the AMD Radeon HD 7950 or 7970 would probably get you about another $100. Perhaps $150 if it is the 7990.

The RAM, PSU, thermal solution, and storage devices are also important parts, and without them we cannot know what the system is worth exactly, but I'd take a guess that it will land somewhere between $400 and $600 without the VR hardware.

Solution