Did you know your ISP can't see any telemetry when you use Glasswire?

They haven't been able to see any telemetry since I immunized and blocked every option(over 2 weeks ago). That doesn't affect my connection.

It also has options for Windows services. Some people don't mind sharing their activity. I do.

Sounds like? How did you come to that conclusion? If you are under the impression that Glasswire or Spybot can block any site you are assuming. Assuming is very dangerous where your personal data is concerned.

It affects what they are seeing due to its blocking abilities. Think I can explain their coding? that would be assuming. How I know it does is because I recently upgraded. I went past the regular rep and to an account manager due to the fact that I was considering switching to another provider after two years with this ISP. I was also having connection issues. Steven said that "this is weird". "we haven't received any" and at that point I can't quote exactly. information for. I then said I haven't had any internet for the past 4 hours. He then said, "No, we haven't received any data from the modem for the past two weeks".

At that point I thought of Glasswire and Spybot. I use both.

The how is something I do not know. The why is Glasswire and Spybot.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I said "sounds like" after quickly looking over Glasswire's and Anti-Beacon's features list/description. You didn't mention how you knew it was blocking telemetry in your original post.

Although I'm still curious exactly what is being blocked from your ISP being able to see. For example, unless you've manually configured your DNS settings (or Glasswire configured them for you), you're probably using your ISP's DNS, meaning they can in theory see every site you visit. And if you DNS has been changed, then that just means that some other DNS provider can see which sites you visit.

Even though someone in the sales department can no longer see whatever subset of your information they normally can, I don't think that guarantees all your browsing information is being blocked from the ISP. To be honest, I don't think that's even possible to do solely with software/settings on your local PC.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The telemetry that gets blocked is not shared with any source (beyond the PC in question). The ISP can still track your site history even if using these tools. MS just won't get the detailed telemetry data that Win 10 wants to provide. Even using an alternate DNS won't prevent the ISP from tracking your history.

The data reported by your cable modem is an altogether different topic and is likely an issue with the modem and the ISP's management tools, not because of these telemetry blocking applications.

Also, VPN traffic can be monitored to an extent, given an interest and the right tools. However, this thread is not about the pros/cons of using VPNs.