PC Isn't Performing Well...

DarkFalcon

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016
Im not sure why, but my PC that i recently put together has never performed correctly. In all games i can't get a stable FPS, and even when i do on older games, such as MW2, its laggy. My PC can barely play CS:GO or Garry's MOD unless the graphics are turned down along with the resolution, which i believe should be able to play in 1080p. Some of my suspicions are my old TV I'm using, which is from a crappy cheap brand, "AWA", or even my PSU, the Corsair TX750w which has a loud fan.

The specs of my PC:

Motherboard: Asus H81M-Plus
GPU: Powercolor R7 370 2gb
PSU: Corsair TX 750w
RAM: 4gb Geil Dragon (Black)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2gz with stock cooler
120gb Kingston UV400

Anything is helpful, or i might just have to turn back to console :( HEEELP!

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Make sure all of your drivers are up to date, if they are, then try re-installing the OS. Computers get bloated over continued use, doing a complete system wide re-install will likely fix your issue.

Otherwise it's hardware based, and you'll need to look into swapping out various parts.

You should be backing up your data too, using a program that's not system intensive like RollBack Rx or Comodo Time Machine will really help.

GamingInsider

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2015
To add to this, Windows 10 64-bit also needs a minimum 2gb of ram to run on 64 and CS:GO needs a minimum of 1gb of ram to run. I'd try putting more ram into the computer to see if that helps. I would also make sure that you keep at least 20% of the SSD free so that the computer can run optimally. You may or may not notice any difference.