HDD not showing in Disk Management

Arthur_47

Prominent
May 3, 2017
fFvCM2S

One of my HDD 3TB (WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZNO) decided to go rogue for some reason and not show up under disk management or explorer, evem though he can be seen under device manager and the bios.

I was trying to create a backup drive with this guy when this happened, I've restarted multiple times and tried pretty much everything that I could based on google searchs but now I'm out of options. I can't access it and it doesnt show up in the Windows settings for backup and file history.

I don't have an extra Sata port to try on my mobo and even if I did I doubt that this is the issue here as it's brand new and was working fine before I tried to create this backup-thing. I've just upgraded my rig with a new mobo, and those 2 3TB HDD, and re-installed Windows 10 yesterday. All drivers are up to date.

Solution
I don't suppose its set as raid?

search cortana for storage spaces, is anything here? Drive might have been added to a storage space which is MS way of saying software raid - though having never done this, i don't know if it would appear under disk management if you did this. I just know some raid set ups can hide drives

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't suppose its set as raid?

search cortana for storage spaces, is anything here? Drive might have been added to a storage space which is MS way of saying software raid - though having never done this, i don't know if it would appear under disk management if you did this. I just know some raid set ups can hide drives

Solution