PC Crashing (No BSOD)

Karspankey

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
So my PC has been crashing a lot lately. It happens seemingly at random times. When playing games, watching videos with Chrome, or even just listening to Spotify with nothing else open. So far, I've tried using Seatools to check my HDD's and they all passed. I downloaded WhoCrashed and this is what I got:

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 5/3/2017 1:07:40 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050317-28156-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown ()
Bugcheck code: 0x0 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: CUSTOM_ERROR

On Wed 5/3/2017 1:06:11 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog!WdLogEvent5_WdCriticalError+0xCE)
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0xA, 0x1719D3, 0x1719D4, 0xFFFFA48DCFE14180)
Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Watchdog Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 4/23/2017 11:37:24 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042317-28703-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x34AE)
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0xA, 0xEC6B7, 0xEC6B8, 0xFFFF9687FB68A010)
Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Watchdog Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 4/3/2017 8:56:00 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\040317-41156-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown ()
Bugcheck code: 0x0 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: CUSTOM_ERROR

I tried looking up some solutions and some seem to be to completely re-install my NVIDIA drivers (which I've done already, a few months ago) and to disable NVIDIA HD Audio drivers. What should I do? Thanks!

I have only seen the "custom_error" bugcheck called from an amd graphics card. Never from a nvidia gpu.
I guess i would see if my bios can monitor the power output from the power supply and I would look at the 12 volt to see if it is correct.

maybe check the connector between the PSU and gpu.

problem is going to be related to graphics power, even with chrome if you have 3d hardware acceleration turn on.
I would also blow out any dust from the GPU, cpu, and PSU if you can. sometimes dust gets in and slows the fan down, the gpu heats up and draws too much power. fans sometimes get stuck and you can just blow on them to get them working again.

Karspankey

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

Here is what my BIOS looks like. Is it correct?

tndkji3_dxoj06.jpg

And I will open my PC up and check the connections/cleanliness now. Thanks for helping!

Karspankey

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

Sorry for the DP, but I opened it up and man was it dusty. Used a can of compressed air and really cleaned it up. Everything is running at noticeably lower temps than before. Will wait and see if I get anymore crashes! Hopefully it was as simple of a fix as that!

the cpu was running hot. some will start to do a thermal throttle at 69 degrees C.

the voltages looks like they are within limits. +/= 5 %
https://www.lifewire.com/power-supply-voltage-tolerances-2624583

Karspankey

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
It seems that the CPU is still hovering around 80 degrees celsius, so I'm going to get some new thermal paste and a new fan since it is the stock fan from my old build I am using.

what is the model of the CPU? if it is a new low power cpu and the bios was not updated the bios will apply too high a voltage and it will run hot just like it is being overclocked.

Karspankey

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
It is an AMD FX-6300

Karspankey

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Oh, ok! Cool! I am still probably going to get some thermal paste since it did seem in dire need when I opened it up! Thanks for your help again! Haven't had a crash yet although I did have a good week of no crashes. It will take some time to know whether or not it just needed to be cleaned!