Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 - Blue Screen of Death (IRQL_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM...)

amanfr01

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
Hey everybody!

Over the past month or so, sometimes when I open up my audio production software using my Scarlet Focusrite 2i2 (latest drivers), Windows 10 gives me a BSOD, with IRQL_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE being the cause.

Additionally, this could happen if I'm using the USB interface as my primary audio. Watching YouTube and listening through the Focusrite unit, for example.

Here is a Dropbox link with my 4 latest BSOD's, all of which happened over the past 4 days.

I don't know how to analyze these dumps, but would you guys have any words of wisdom?

My Motherboard is an ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER.

Thank you in advance! I look forward to any help you can provide.

Solution
I would update or remove the 2009 version of synusb64.sys
some of these old drivers modify data intended for other USB drivers. This causes the other driver to fail or cause a bugcheck.

you should be able to get the updated asus probe utility for the motherboard vendor website, it is under the utilities section.
there is also a update for the realtek audio driver:
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-RANGER/HelpDesk_Download/

it will fix a problem where the old one corrupts data for audio devices. (you have the generic one installed from microsoft windows, you need the updated one)

any idea what this driver is for?
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AE3000w1064.sys Fri Nov 13 18:01:49 2015

this one is old:
asus probe...
I would update or remove the 2009 version of synusb64.sys
some of these old drivers modify data intended for other USB drivers. This causes the other driver to fail or cause a bugcheck.

you should be able to get the updated asus probe utility for the motherboard vendor website, it is under the utilities section.
there is also a update for the realtek audio driver:
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-RANGER/HelpDesk_Download/

it will fix a problem where the old one corrupts data for audio devices. (you have the generic one installed from microsoft windows, you need the updated one)

any idea what this driver is for?
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AE3000w1064.sys Fri Nov 13 18:01:49 2015

this one is old:
asus probe utility:
\SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 02:54:47 2012

update the motherboard sound driver
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\RTKVHD64.sys Fri May 20 03:48:12 2016

not sure what this is either:
\c:\Program Files (x86)\SAVITECH\SVLoadSense\x64\SvThLSNS.sys Wed Dec 3 18:28:33 2014

this one looks like it will be too old:
listed as Suyin USB 2.0 Webcam driver
Also found in Steinberg eLicenser software

\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\synusb64.sys Fri Jun 26 06:30:11 2009

your bios is from 2016 so it will have all of the USB 2.x updates
likely to be messing up your USB subsystem. You want usb 2.xdrivers dated after about april 2012 to use on a current version of a bios

Solution